The burnt house view from behind (public faces magazine)
Early today, 14th of December, at 7am in Sokori area of Abeokuta, a storey building apartment which occupies students and indigenes caught fire.
The ugly incident occurred at the residential environs just after the main road, around Oke-Sokori after the modern pedestrian bridge and before the Ita-Iyalode Roundabout, Abeokuta.
According to one the victims that explained to PublicFaces, said that the fire started at the backyard of the first floor by a child who is between the ages of 5 to 8-year-old while he was playing with matches. Unexpectedly, the matches yard stick got illuminated, the fire caught an abandoned chair in front of a store where eletricity generators with full tank of gasoline(petrol) were kept. The fire from there spread to the roof and the rest of the rooms in the first floor while the ground floor was partially affected and no live was lost.
It was also gathered that the occupants were unable to contact the Ogun State fire and Safety Service on time when the fire erupted because they were unable to get their contact lines. But they eventually arrived at the scene to join those putting out the fire and they put a stop to the fire.
The Ogun State Civil Defense Corps were also on ground at the incident scene.
It was also reported by Publicfaces that the occupants were able to save few of their belongings.
Another victim who doesnt want his name in publication, a student of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and tenant in the building who has just resumed for his Second Year in Higher National Diploma (HND II), said he had lost all of his credentials and other school files to the fire.
Read more and see Pictures of the incident on publicfacesmagazine.com.ng