The Ahmed Makarfi-led Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has congratulated the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, on his 56th birthday anniversary.
In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Dayo Adeyeye, the party praised Fayose for his achievement in Ekiti and for always holding the Muhammadu Buhari administration and the All Progressives Congress (APC) accountable.
Below are the five key things PDP told Fayose:
1. Fayose demonstrated uncommon leadership qualities in service delivery to his home state, Ekiti and Nigeria in general during his first tenure as governor from 2003 to 2006.
2. Your second term in office from 2014 to date has equally epitomised your achievements in infrastructure, policies and programmes in the state which is in compliance with the manifesto of the PDP.
3. Your achievements in office have placed Ekiti State on a pedestal higher than other states in the South-West Zone of Nigeria. Keep it up!.
4. You have steadfastly defended the PDP and well-meaning Nigerians by holding the Federal Government accountable for all its campaign promises.
5. We implore you not to be deterred in the face of relentless harassment, intimidation and gagging against opposition.